Connecting your course to community
The VT Engage team is available to provide assistance to courses with a community learning component in a variety of ways:
- Consulting with faculty on course design and syllabus development,
- Facilitating faculty and student connections with community partners, and
- Developing orientation, reflection, and assessment strategies that enhance the impact of community engaged learning on the student experience.
For more information, or to arrange a consultation, contact Service Learning Coordinator, Mary Case at 231-7042 or email@example.com.
The following resources are useful for faculty involved in or considering engaging in service-learning work:
- Overview of Service-Learning at Virginia Tech
- Service-Learning Course Development worksheet
- Service-Learning Time Log
The below national programs maintain links to assist faculty in course planning, syllabus development, student reflection strategies, and assessment approaches.